Ellerslie School is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available from the school office.
The Board is now inviting applications from parents who wish to enrol their out of zone students at Ellerslie School to start from 3 February 2020.
The board has determined that it is likely that up to 5 places in Year 2 (only) may be available for out of zone students. The exact number of places will depend on the number of other applications received from students who live within the school's home zone.
Applications are to be made by completing an application form, available from the office of Ellerslie School, 12 Kalmia Street, Ellerslie, Auckland.
The deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places is one month from the date of this publication.
Students who live in the home zone are automatically entitled to enrol at the school, but should also apply by this date to assist the school to plan appropriately for the remainder of this year and next.
Applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school:
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school:
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school:
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school:
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school:
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held on 11 December 2019. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.