The board invites applications from parents and caregivers who wish to enrol their children at Ellerslie School for next year (2023).
School enrolment is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available on our website - www.ellerslie.school.nz. Parents and caregivers of students who live within the home zone are entitled to enrol and attend the school.
Applications are to be made by completing an application form, available on the Ellerslie School website - www.ellerslie.school.nz - under “Enrolment”. The deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places is 4:00pm on Wednesday 28 September, 2022.
The Board has determined that up to 20 places in each Year 1 and 2 are available and a few places are likely to be available in other year levels across the school. The exact number of places available will depend on applications received from students who live within the school’s home zone.
Applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school.
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held on Wednesday 19 October, 2022. Parents and caregivers will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.